A Shadow Of Your Own Self
A Shadow Of Your Own Self

Female
Number of posts : 82
Point System :
35 / 10035 / 100

Registration date : 2011-01-07

PostSubject: Ailyn for HeavyMetal.    Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:25 am

http://heavymetal.about.com/od/interviews/a/Sirenia-Interview.htm - a new interview with Ailyn from official page
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Changed?
Darling Maurice
Darling Maurice

Female
Number of posts : 1513
Job/hobbies : Student
Humor : Chelsea Handler Style
Point System :
100 / 100100 / 100

Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Ailyn for HeavyMetal.    Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:29 pm

The Enigma Of Life is the fifth full-length CD from the Norwegian gothic/symphonic metal band Sirenia, formed a decade ago by Morten Veland (Tristania). And for the first time in the band's history, the same female vocalist appears on a second album. That vocalist is the Spanish singer Ailyn, who tells us about her experience recording the new CD, tour plans and road stories, her musical background and how she came to join the band and other topics.

Chad Bowar: How was your experience different on The Enigma Of Life compared to The 13th Floor?
Ailyn: I think the only difference is that when I recorded The 13th Floor I had just joined the band and I felt very nervous and insecure. With The Enigma Of Life everything was quieter. Now that I know Morten better, I know what he expects from me and also he knows my voice better so it’s easier when we are in the studio together.

How would you describe the sound of the new CD?
Maybe this album is the most melodic album that Morten has done with Sirenia. The album follows the same feelings that we had on The 13th Floor, which is what Morten wants. Also the female vocals are still important in the new album.

What are some of the lyrical themes?
Well I guess you should ask Morten about the lyrical concept. I asked him a lot of times about what he’s talking in his lyrics, but he didn’t like to talk about what it means. So I really don’t know what to say, because I can tell you my opinion, but maybe it doesn’t mean the same thing that Morten wants to say.

How was the video shoot for The End Of It All? What's the storyline of the video?
The video shoot was great! It’s the second time that we worked with Patric Ullaeus and its very funny to work with him. Also he knows us from the last video so he knew exactly what he wanted from us, so it was really easy. In the video we are inside an old house, I’m lost, everything is old and dead, it’s the end. I think the video is more focused on the nice images than on the storyline.

What are your upcoming tour plans?
We have some summer Festivals like Wacken Open Air and Masters Of Rock. And for now we are working to get a European tour and also a tour of South America and we hope to get some more now that our new album is released.

Does Sirenia ever plan to come to North America for a tour?
I guess it’s a bit difficult to get a tour in North America, but we really hope that we can go someday. I’d love to go there, it would be great!

What has been your most memorable live show so far?
My most memorable live show was at Masters Of Rock 2008, not because I did a great show (I was very very nervous), but because it was my first big show with Sirenia and I really enjoyed the moment. Every show is different: a different place, different people, and I always have nice memories of all my shows. But if I had to pick a choice I would choose that one.

What's the craziest thing that's happened to you on the road?
Things always happens, but we were on the Beauty And The Beast Tour and one day the bus stopped in a gas station and everybody went to buy something to drink. We thought that everybody was in the bus again, but NOOO! We left our sound engineer in the gas station. Luckily he had his cell phone with him, so he called us and the bus went back to pick him up.

What’s the strangest thing you’ve been asked to autograph?
The strangest thing was when, I guess it was in Poland, a guy asked me if I could give him a kiss to leave my lipstick in his stomach and after that, he also wanted me to sign in the same place.

How did you get started in music?
I started in school when I was 11 or 12 years old. My teacher played us the song “Hero” by Mariah Carey. I fell in love with the song and her voice, and from that day I started trying to sing like her.

Where did your nickname Ailyn originate?
Ailyn is a Chinese name, and it means “true love.”

How did you become the vocalist for Sirenia?
My sister was looking for metal bands to add them as friends on MySpace, and she found Sirenia. She showed them to me, and we both liked them and started hearing their songs and videos. We liked them very much and sent a friend request. One month later they sent me an email asking me about if I wanted to audition because they needed a new singer, so in January 2008 I went to Norway for the first audition. Later they contacted me again to ask me for a second audition in February, now with the full band. In April they told me I was the new singer of Sirenia.

Did you listen to much metal before joining the band?
Yes. People still think that before Sirenia I just listened to pop music, but I’m really open minded. I don’t want to close my mind just with one kind of music. My parents really like music and I grew up listening to a lot of different music styles. I think it is very nice to hear different music because I can learn a lot of different things.

Who are some of your favorite musical artists and singers?
Well I like a lot of them, but I could say some of them are Jared Leto (30 Seconds To Mars), Josh Groban, Sarah Brightman, Sharon Den Adel (Within Temptation).

Do you plan on doing a solo album when Sirenia isn't busy touring or recording?
Not for now. I’m focusing on Sirenia. Maybe in the future? I don’t know.

What are your hobbies and interests outside of music?
I really love to read, to draw and sew. I enjoy sewing my stage clothes for my shows with Sirenia. I think it’s relaxing. And of course I love to listen to music.

Anything else you'd like to mention or promote?
I want to say thanks to everybody for their support to Sirenia. I hope you enjoy our new album and I also hope to see you on tour soon.

View user profile http://sireniaforum.forummotions.com

Ailyn for HeavyMetal.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sirenia Forum :: Media :: Interviews-
Jump to: