A Shadow Of Your Own Self

Female
Number of posts : 12
Job/hobbies : Journalist
Point System :
15 / 10015 / 100

Registration date : 2009-12-03

PostSubject: Morten Veland - Dutch interview about new album   Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:02 am

An interesting interview with Morten Veland about the new album ' The Enigma Of Life' and his project Mortemia. A very open and nice conversation about ten years of Sirenia.

Sorry maybe I have time to translate it one day in EN, otherwise.. google translator will work perhaps.

http://musiccredo.wordpress.com/2011/02/04/sirenia-interview-met-morten-veland-over-the-enigma-of-life/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.reflectionsofdarkness.com
Changed?
Darling Maurice
Darling Maurice

Female
Number of posts : 1513
Job/hobbies : Student
Humor : Chelsea Handler Style
Point System :
100 / 100100 / 100

Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Morten Veland - Dutch interview about new album   Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:22 am

Thank you! And don't worry about it. I'll go and translate. Smile

View user profile http://sireniaforum.forummotions.com
Changed?
Darling Maurice
Darling Maurice

Female
Number of posts : 1513
Job/hobbies : Student
Humor : Chelsea Handler Style
Point System :
100 / 100100 / 100

Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Morten Veland - Dutch interview about new album   Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:01 pm

The Norwegian Morten Veland Sirenia around centipede, this sixth album has a lighter path. Where 'At Sixes And Sevens "(2002, Napalm Records) Dark, deep grunts and aggressive form, is the latest single " The Enigma Of Life' airier.

Although the familiar elements such as imposing choirs, orchestrations and strong percussion. This road is on the previous album 'The 13th Floor "(2009, Nuclear Blast) already smashed, but this is the final resurrection of the band after many changes, with front folding Ailyn vocalist in a stable home is achieved. After years Morten has fewer worries and that is reflected in the new album.

Besides the response of the instruments, composer and lyricist has Morten Veland as mixer and producer occurred. This was not a difficult process, and above all why the choice to keep yourself under control?

Morten Veland: "I've always had the whole process of an album found very interesting. I now own a studio, allowing more time for the songs to record. The situation changes when you book a studio and I quickly need to have your work. When I'm writing, I have a vision at the first riff on how the total should sound on record, that is my goal.
When you collaborate with others, it is difficult to explain what I am trying to achieve. There sat a translation between something in my head and the end result. It is music and I can not capture in words. This time I achieved my goal itself. It was a long road, but I learned a lot from the past. You come to stand for new situations, you fail and try again. "

What is the biggest challenge has been to 'The Enigma Of Life'?

Morten: "The mixing of the album. In composing, I am confident because I've done so many times and know my strengths. When mixing, I came to stand for unexpected situations. The important thing is not to doubt yourself and continue. "

For a long time there is a singer who also experiencing second album, how have you experienced this?

The teamwork with singer Ailyn''went very well, which gives less worries. From the moment I heard her, I knew they fit with us. After many shows together, we now know what we expect of each other. That experience is essential if you go into the studio. In the past we had problems with the lineup.

Then I sat in the middle of writing when I got stuck without a singer. I lost my focus by the concern whether the voice was that melody does and what the future would be. I can write every song especially for Ailyn. She works very hard and her articulation of English has greatly improved a lot on this album. In addition, with the last album all the songs already written when she joined the group. You hear that they now feel in the song stops. "

Where is this album for when you look back at ten years Sirenia?

Morten: "We have a lot of diversity on this album, both musically and in terms of votes. That has always been important for Sirenia. In 2005 I have decided to go a different direction with the band. To opt for less complex melodies and harmonies more. I felt that I had discovered at that level.

Why I wanted to develop something new in a different field. With all elements of Sirenia every time I made this song to give a special character, the dynamic account. Have therefore chosen to retain the aggressive elements, although the main singer. The diversity remain a few grunts needed, and it gives me a lot of energy live. "

For one year you Mortemia the project, had this to do with the new side Sirenia going on?

Morten: "Over the years, I have a catchy, energetic way chosen Sirenia. The melancholy remains, but I missed the dark numbers. Now that I lost in my project. I am a workaholic and did this album is forty songs written before I made the selection of these twelve to go into the studio. I am also already working on new compositions for my project. I have not even had time to get everything back to an album. "

You've chosen many contrasts. Like "The Darkness" with groovy guitars and valve, also title track from the album, with violins and the dreamy vocals of Ailyn. Do you have a strong urge to unite many styles?

Morten: "I try within the frame of Sirenia, a challenging album. With all facets such as vocals, heavy guitars and vocal harmonies. We want to remain faithful to since so many bands are female fronted metal making. The lyrics often have the same subjects and are also comfortable with Ailyn. They are not as cryptic as ever, and even much more direct. Hindsight, I do criticize each album. The key is to continue to make music that we own a lot from it.

View user profile http://sireniaforum.forummotions.com
silviapd

Female
Number of posts : 12
Job/hobbies : Journalist
Point System :
15 / 10015 / 100

Registration date : 2009-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Morten Veland - Dutch interview about new album   Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:08 am

how sweet of you Changed to translate it in such a good english... I am very happy to see this and pleased as well. Thank you so much for the nice work.
Maybe I will publish it, but I will sent you a message about that! ;-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.reflectionsofdarkness.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morten Veland - Dutch interview about new album   

Back to top Go down

Morten Veland - Dutch interview about new album
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1