A Shadow Of Your Own Self

Female
Number of posts : 82
Point System :
35 / 10035 / 100

Registration date : 2011-01-07

PostSubject: Ailyn Interview with Rocksalt.    Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:11 am

You are the fourth vocalist to sing for Sirenia, but you are the first singer to appear on two albums. Did you feel any pressure to follow the previous singers when you recorded the first record (The 13th Floor); and if so, how did you feel when you started recording The Engima of Life?

No, I didn’t feel any pressure. When I made my audition with the band they told me that they were searching for a serious singer who wanted to be really involved with the band and to stay with the band not just for one album, so when they chose me as a lead singer I knew that I was here not just for one album. So when we started with the recording for The Enigma Of Life I felt very comfortable.

“El Enigma De La Vida” is the first Sirenia song in Spanish. Are you exited to share this with your audience; and do you hope to reach a new audience by recording in Spanish? Is this something that we can expect more of in the future?

Yes, I’m really excited about the Spanish versions in the new album and yes I hope we can reach more audience with these songs, that is what we want. And I think it’s something you can expect in the future. When I offered myself to Morten to make the adaptation of some of the new songs he told me that it would be a good idea to do something in Spanish, but I guess when we started to record the song he was a bit scared (haha). But when we finished the recordings he said he was very happy with the results and that he wants more Spanish songs in the future albums.

Who are some of your musical heroes? Whom do you admire among your musical peers? If you could record a duet with another singer (female or male), whom would you choose and what song would you sing?

As for musical heroes… I think I could say Queen. Mmmm… actually I don’t know what to say. Every time that I think about with who I would like to make a duet I think always of male singers like Jared Leto, Roy Khan…

You started off singing pop music; has the shift in musical styles been more satisfying or challenging for you – or do you regard singing as an art which should transcend genres?

I started to sing when I was 12 years old, and I discovered the song “Hero” by Mariah Carey. I fell in love with this song and I started to sing, trying to sing like she was singing – actually in that moment I wanted to be like her. But some years later I changed my music taste. My parents really like music and I grew up listening to a lot of different music styles. My parents are fans of Metal music. I love to sing and for music I’m open minded. When I became the singer in Sirenia I didn’t have to change my music taste because I’ve listening to this style since I was 16 years old. So I’m singing the music style that I wanted to sing for a long time.

In the past fifteen years the female/male vocal metal style has become very popular: why do you think it’s gotten so popular? Excluding Sirenia, what groups in this genre are favorites of yours and why?

Well, I don’t know why the style became popular, after all it seems that people like to listen to good music. The first band I can say is Nightwish. I fell in love with their music from the first time that I listened to one of their songs. I started to listen this genre because of them. Also Within Temptation. Well, I have no words, I just love them: their music is amazing and Sharon’s voice is so good and beautiful. I could say a lot of bands but I think the list would never end.

Now that you’ve finished your second album with Sirenia, how has your relationship with Morten Veland evolved?

Actually we are good friends from the beginning, but now we are closer. We are working together for more than 2 and a half years so I guess it’s normal.

As Sirenia becomes more popular with you as the singer, do you feel any responsibility to be a role model – especially for Spanish and Latina girls who look up to you?

Oh no please, I don’t want to be a role model for anybody, I’m just a normal girl who likes to sing and I’m just trying to do my best for my band, for the fans and for me.

You appeared on El Factor X though you did not win. Having toured extensively and having met other singers that did not have an opportunity to appear on television, how do you feel about that now, looking back? What did you learn from the experience
and what have you learned from being a working musician?

When I went to the X-Factor I didn’t have too much experience as a singer. Well, looking back I’m sure that I don’t want to be in any reality show again but I have to admit that I’m glad because I learned a lot and I gained experience on stage and in front of the video cameras. But the most important thing that I learned from it is that when you have an opportunity, you must take it… I took that chance because of my nerves but that experience taught me that everybody should fight hard if we want to make our dreams come true. And I think that was great because when Morten called me to make the audition because they were searching for the new singer, I really struggled to get it.

You will be playing Wacken this summer. With two albums under your belt, can we expect you to focus on these alone, or will you be breaking out any songs from before your tenure? If so, how do you honor these songs while maintaining your identity?

This year we released our new album and I’m sure that we’ll play a lot of songs off the new album; but since I’m the singer in Sirenia we are playing songs from all the Sirenia discography, so I guess that we’ll play a bit of everything. And, well… I’ve been singing the old Sirenia songs from some time now, and I always tried to do the songs like the original, but I’m really used to singing them so when I’m on the stage I feel like they are my songs too. I don’t like to think, my songs and the old songs. Sirenia is my band so all the songs are also my songs.

And finally, the most important question: when are you coming to the United States?

Well the truth is that I don’t know when we could go to play to the United States, but I’m crossing my fingers!! I would love to go there, I’m looking forward to it!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Changed?
Darling Maurice
Darling Maurice

Female
Number of posts : 1513
Job/hobbies : Student
Humor : Chelsea Handler Style
Point System :
100 / 100100 / 100

Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Ailyn Interview with Rocksalt.    Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:16 am

Quote :
I would like to make a duet I think always of male singers like Jared Leto

Ailyn, I love you!! Very Happy

View user profile http://sireniaforum.forummotions.com
Isa la Belle

Female
Point System :
35 / 10035 / 100

PostSubject: Re: Ailyn Interview with Rocksalt.    Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:35 am

I like that She is not a star.
And she likes WT. I listen to WT sometimes too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Changed?
Darling Maurice
Darling Maurice

Female
Point System :
100 / 100100 / 100

PostSubject: Re: Ailyn Interview with Rocksalt.    Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:39 am

Isa la Belle wrote:

Isn't that the truth. When Ailyn first joined Sirenia, I thought she was trying to further her career. Shocked
Now I know I'm wrong. Razz I Love Ailyn's personality. She is so down to earth. And she always keeps everything about the band. Not just herself. Smile Ailyn is by far Sirenia's best vocalist choice so far. Very Happy

Isa la Belle

Female
Point System :
35 / 10035 / 100

PostSubject: Re: Ailyn Interview with Rocksalt.    Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:42 am

Changed? wrote:
Isa la Belle wrote:

Isn't that the truth. When Ailyn first joined Sirenia, I thought she was trying to further her career. Shocked
Now I know I'm wrong. Razz I Love Ailyn's personality. She is so down to earth. And she always keeps everything about the band. Not just herself. Smile Ailyn is by far Sirenia's best vocalist choice so far. Very Happy

Ailyn is one of the best vocalist on metal-scene.
My friend had an audition with Ailyn and she said Ailyn is very kind. I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Changed?
Darling Maurice
Darling Maurice

Female
Point System :
100 / 100100 / 100

PostSubject: Re: Ailyn Interview with Rocksalt.    Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:10 pm

What did your friend have an audition with Ailyn for?

Isa la Belle

Female
Point System :
35 / 10035 / 100

PostSubject: Re: Ailyn Interview with Rocksalt.    Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:24 pm

Changed? wrote:
What did your friend have an audition with Ailyn for?

She stayed with Sirenia at the same hotel in Kiev. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ailyn Interview with Rocksalt.    

Back to top Go down

Ailyn Interview with Rocksalt.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1