Female
Number of posts : 1513
Job/hobbies : Student
Humor : Chelsea Handler Style
Point System :
100 / 100100 / 100

Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Nocturnal Euphony Interview   Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:02 pm

1. Tell us how you came to be the new vocalist for Sirenia?

I was looking for a new band, because much was not happening with my old band Sinphonia. I saw on Sirenia's homepage that they were looking for a new singer, and wrote Morten immediatly with all the information he needed, and we wrote back and forth within a few weeks, and then I went for 2 auditions.

We took pictures, recorded a bit and both Morten, the rest of the band and Nuclear Blast were happy about it, so I quit my job and moved to Norway:)

2. How are the recording sessions going so far?

Good, Almost finished with all the vocals and instruments, and next week we are mixing it in Denmark. I'm here already, waiting for Morten. Really exited about the final results also.

3. Were you a fan of Sirenia before joining? If so, how will it feel to sing the songs you used to admire?

Actually not, hehe. I just knew a little about them before and I was working in a record store at that time, so I ordered all the CD's, and I liked them. I like a lot of different music, also in that genre. Now I admire the songs, and it's lovely to sing them.

4. Is there any pressure performing in front of a Gothic Metal legend like Morten Veland?

There is always a pressure no matter what you do. It's always hard in the beginning because you want to do the best. I think that the pressure will decrease after the new album is released etc.

5. So what is you musical background?

I've been singing my whole life, choirs, bands, musicals etc. Playing piano, and listening to music. Music means everything to me, and singing makes me happy:)

6. Tell us about Sinphonia.

Sinphonia is my first metal band and we had some great years. I was really young, when I joined them, and I learned a lot. We released two albums, and played live around Denmark. Now the guitar player lives in Italy and plays in Chaoswave. The bass player and drummer lives in Denmark and plays in different bands. We are keeping the band on stand-by right now, cause we are to busy with other things. Don't know if we will ever have the time again.

7. Who are some musicians and bands that inspire you?

I'm inspired of many different bands and musicians. Female singers are: Kate Bush, Anneke (Gathering) , Madonna, FloorJansen etc... There are so many.. Some of my favourite bands are: Nevermore, Nile, Devin Townsend, Arcturus, King Diamond etc.. I can keep on forever.

8. What kind of sound can we expect from the new Sirenia album?

I can't say much about that yet, cause it isn't finished.

9. Is there a title for the new album yet? I can't say that either:)

10. What has been your favorite experience with Sirenia so far?

The studio recordings in France of course. I learned a lot about the music, myself, and the band.

11. Are you looking forward to touring?

Yes very much, I love singing on stage, and have been dreaming about this my whole life.

12. We here at Nocturnal Euphony wish you all the best! In closing, what is one thing you would like fans to know about you?

That I'm a happy girl, who love what I'm doing. I'm looking forward to meet the fans, and give them a lot of great experiences life and some great albums in the future.

View user profile http://sireniaforum.forummotions.com
PaleEnchantress
Banned
Banned

Female
Number of posts : 1090
Job/hobbies : singer
Humor : my soul feels cold and my heart is tired
Point System :
5 / 1005 / 100

Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Euphony Interview   Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:03 pm

Metal Legend like Morten Veland *__________*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/giulia1510
Black_Passion_Diamond
Led Astray
Led Astray

Male
Number of posts : 348
Job/hobbies : Tattoo Artist
Humor : I'm a guy what do you think?
Point System :
50 / 10050 / 100

Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Euphony Interview   Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:50 pm

Its no wonder Sirenia didn't work out. Monika only had experience with one band that hasn't gone far. She was foolish by joining a band that was beyond her years. Sirenia is a legend among the gothic metal genre. And Monika just didn't have the understanding needed to be a part of such a legend. She was foolish and stupid for even attempting to be a part of the history of the band without a history of her own.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaleEnchantress
Banned
Banned

Female
Number of posts : 1090
Job/hobbies : singer
Humor : my soul feels cold and my heart is tired
Point System :
5 / 1005 / 100

Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Euphony Interview   Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:28 am

Black_Passion_Diamond wrote:
Its no wonder Sirenia didn't work out. Monika only had experience with one band that hasn't gone far. She was foolish by joining a band that was beyond her years. Sirenia is a legend among the gothic metal genre. And Monika just didn't have the understanding needed to be a part of such a legend. She was foolish and stupid for even attempting to be a part of the history of the band without a history of her own.

yes.. Sirenia is a legend
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/giulia1510
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Euphony Interview   

Back to top Go down

Nocturnal Euphony Interview
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1